Mistress Of The Dor Kness

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 12 April 2005

My First Post!

Posted on 10:22 by Unknown
Alright, this is my first foray into the wonderful world of blogging!
I do hope you like the name of my blog. I gave up on coming up with anything terribly clever, and decided to go with something quirky instead.


Shortly after I began my current position in 2000, some mechanics noticed the new nameplate on my office door and stuck their heads in to introduce themselves. 
They inquired as to whether I was the new 'CAD Master'. 
I said, 'I suppose it would be the new CAD Mistress, wouldn't it?'
And they snickered and asked if I was the "CAD Mistress of the Darkness"?
At which point I laughed and said 'more like Mistress of the Dorkness', and of course, like any other inane comment, it stuck. ~shrug~ so, here I am.


This weblog is primarily intended to be a platform for me to talk about CAD and all things somehow related (software, hardware, emerging technologies, management, education, etc, etc, etc,), which is alright, since, I can produce enough convoluted logic to chain the topic of CAD to just about anything! Haha! I'll also be posting news about St. Louis, the Gateway Autodesk User's Group (GAUG) and the Autodesk User's Group International (AUGI).

I am an Autodesk product user, so most of my topics will center around them. But, if I hear interesting things about other platforms, I will certainly share them here. Education is a powerful tool! 


I currently use Vanilla Autocad 2002, 2004, 2005, and 2006, Map 3D 2005 (until my next box comes in!), and Revit 5.1 (not in production, just trying to teach myself so that when Revit comes out with a Parametrically enabled Struct/Arch/MEP family of products, I can use them easily, I am an optimist!)


I work in Facilities-Management, which is one of those sort of obscure fields... so, be prepared to see plenty of things about the challenges that I face, which are unique to my position. I am always hoping to connect with more FM people and exchange information.

Please, bear with me as I learn to fully explore/exploit this medium...
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in Facilities Management, off-topic | No comments
Newer Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Busca usted las respuestas a sus preguntas acerca de AutoCAD
    Busca usted las respuestas a sus preguntas acerca de AutoCAD, la Personalización, Revit u otros productos de Autodesk en su propio idioma? E...
  • Revit + 3dsMax: Utilizing Render Techniques - A Winning Combination
    It's been too long since I've had a guest post, so, I'd like for you to enjoy this rendering tutorial. I met Ryan on www.forums...
  • Mtext Line Spacing
    From AutoCAD Help: If you enter ‑mtext (precede with hyphen) at the Command prompt, MTEXT bypasses the In-Place Text Editor and displays a...
  • St. Louis Metro Storm Update
    Well, just felt like making another update about the storm. It's so odd that we're here in our nice powered home but so many things ...
  • MAP tool of the day - ADERSHEET (rubbersheet)
    from MAP3D 2006 help: ADERSHEET (Rubber Sheet command) Performs rubber sheeting on selected objects Rubber sheeting is a nonuniform adjustme...
  • All my tech support genius
    I have said it time and again, only slightly tongue-in-cheek, that all of my most appreciated 'genius' moves are attributed to these...
  • VTENABLE and my new Scanner (mfp) is here!
    VTENABLE system variable (from autocad help) Controls when smooth view transitions are used. Smooth view transitions can be on or off for pa...
  • Autodesk MAP 3D 2007 Service Pack 1 Available
    Service Pack 1 has come out for MAP 2007 . I must admit that I was waiting for this before I installed. I'll post here like I did last y...
  • Very Valuable Variable: REMEMBERFOLDERS
    From the autocad help files: REMEMBERFOLDERS - Controls the default path displayed in standard file selection dialog boxes. 0 Restores the ...
  • 2006 System Variables D-L
    Continuing from yesterday's posts, From the help files... 2006 system variables beginning with the letters 'D' through 'L...

Categories

  • ACA
  • Alternative Energy
  • AMEP
  • Applications
  • AU2006
  • AU2007
  • AU2008
  • AUGI
  • AUGIWorld Magazine
  • Autocad
  • AutoCAD
  • Autodesk University
  • BIM
  • cad camp
  • CAD Camp
  • CAD/Design Salary Survey
  • CAFM
  • Database
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Facilities Management
  • FMDesktop
  • funny
  • GatewayAUG
  • Hardware
  • HotNews
  • Job Opening
  • Media
  • off-topic
  • Revit
  • RMEP
  • St. Louis
  • Tutorials
  • Women In Design
  • Writing

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (27)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (16)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2012 (14)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2011 (22)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2009 (15)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  February (7)
  • ►  2008 (58)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2007 (69)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2006 (121)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (16)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (14)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (14)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ▼  2005 (68)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ▼  April (9)
      • Rambling about Sociology...
      • Spring in the Air
      • Upcoming Deadlines?
      • What's New in my Office?
      • Facilities Management Programs and Resources
      • Giving up
      • Quick Tips - A couple handy system variables
      • Upgrading AutoCAD soon?
      • My First Post!
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile