Mistress Of The Dor Kness

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 20 February 2009

FMDesktop: Will it live?

Posted on 09:43 by Unknown
There have been a lot of questions, conjecture and rumors suddenly flying around about the ultimate fate of the FMDesktop suite (Autodesk's somewhat recently acquired CAFM/CMMS solution).

Of course, there has been no 'official' word or press release confirming the demise of the product or the declaration of what might replace it 'if' it goes the way of the dodo.
But, believe me, if I come across anything definite and confirm-able, I will post about it here.

However, if you'd like to see where I first heard the rumor and read some of the user, reseller, developer commentary, you could always check out this thread, "What's going on? No more FM Desktop?"

[EDIT]
Alright, finally formal word on the FMDesktop Suite appears on Autodesk's website confirming they will no longer be selling FMD (although existing subscriptions will be valid until 01/31/2010).
I do encourage folks to follow my link above to the 'No more FM Desktop' thread, to see what some folks have said about FMD and other products.
If I hear anything else that I can share, I will post about it here on my blog.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in CAFM, Facilities Management, FMDesktop | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Busca usted las respuestas a sus preguntas acerca de AutoCAD
    Busca usted las respuestas a sus preguntas acerca de AutoCAD, la Personalización, Revit u otros productos de Autodesk en su propio idioma? E...
  • Revit + 3dsMax: Utilizing Render Techniques - A Winning Combination
    It's been too long since I've had a guest post, so, I'd like for you to enjoy this rendering tutorial. I met Ryan on www.forums...
  • Mtext Line Spacing
    From AutoCAD Help: If you enter ‑mtext (precede with hyphen) at the Command prompt, MTEXT bypasses the In-Place Text Editor and displays a...
  • St. Louis Metro Storm Update
    Well, just felt like making another update about the storm. It's so odd that we're here in our nice powered home but so many things ...
  • MAP tool of the day - ADERSHEET (rubbersheet)
    from MAP3D 2006 help: ADERSHEET (Rubber Sheet command) Performs rubber sheeting on selected objects Rubber sheeting is a nonuniform adjustme...
  • All my tech support genius
    I have said it time and again, only slightly tongue-in-cheek, that all of my most appreciated 'genius' moves are attributed to these...
  • VTENABLE and my new Scanner (mfp) is here!
    VTENABLE system variable (from autocad help) Controls when smooth view transitions are used. Smooth view transitions can be on or off for pa...
  • Autodesk MAP 3D 2007 Service Pack 1 Available
    Service Pack 1 has come out for MAP 2007 . I must admit that I was waiting for this before I installed. I'll post here like I did last y...
  • Very Valuable Variable: REMEMBERFOLDERS
    From the autocad help files: REMEMBERFOLDERS - Controls the default path displayed in standard file selection dialog boxes. 0 Restores the ...
  • 2006 System Variables D-L
    Continuing from yesterday's posts, From the help files... 2006 system variables beginning with the letters 'D' through 'L...

Categories

  • ACA
  • Alternative Energy
  • AMEP
  • Applications
  • AU2006
  • AU2007
  • AU2008
  • AUGI
  • AUGIWorld Magazine
  • Autocad
  • AutoCAD
  • Autodesk University
  • BIM
  • cad camp
  • CAD Camp
  • CAD/Design Salary Survey
  • CAFM
  • Database
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Facilities Management
  • FMDesktop
  • funny
  • GatewayAUG
  • Hardware
  • HotNews
  • Job Opening
  • Media
  • off-topic
  • Revit
  • RMEP
  • St. Louis
  • Tutorials
  • Women In Design
  • Writing

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (27)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (16)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2012 (14)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2011 (22)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2009 (15)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ▼  February (7)
      • FMDesktop: Will it live?
      • Gauging the Economic Impact with CAD Managers
      • Webcast & Meeting in St. Louis Tonight
      • BIM Managers connect like CAD Managers
      • AutoCAD 2010 Launch - Quickie
      • I've been micro-blogging
      • BIM Communication Coordination and Analysis - St. ...
  • ►  2008 (58)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2007 (69)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2006 (121)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (16)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (14)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (14)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2005 (68)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile