Mistress Of The Dor Kness

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 22 May 2011

OT: Lord of the Rings Pickup Lines

Posted on 13:24 by Unknown
Undeniably, the most popular post on my blog is the one entitled Geek Pickup Lines. Strangely enough, one of the top searches that brings people to my little corner of the interwebs is "Lord of the Rings Pick up Lines". Due to my mention of the books in my profile. =>

Yes, that is sort of sad, given that this blog is dedicated to the serious and the professional... ~pause~ Okay, maybe not entirely. One reason I take so much pleasure in my work is that my colleagues enjoy a good laugh (see also: "You Might be a CAD Diva if...").

So, I think to myself... "Self, give the people what they want!" And, the people obviously want some Lord of the Rings Pickup Lines! So, I hit Google and found that, while there might be much innuendo, there were few one-liners of the type for which I was searching.
At the bottom of this post, I pasted in some of what I found, but, first, I'm going to try my hand at crafting a few original Lord of the Rings pickup lines:

  • You don't need One Ring to find me.
  • Baby, you're hotter than the cracks of Mount Doom.
  • Your rejection would destroy me like an Ent destroys Isengard.
  • So, hey, how about that Weather... top?
  • My love for you is deeper than the lodes of Mithril in Khazad-dum.
  • Speak, friend, and enter... your number in my phone.
  • I'll be your Isildur and you can be my bane.
  • I couldn't help but notice all of these losers circling you like Nazgul... why don't we get out of here and go back to my Mathom-house?
  • No, we haven't met, unless you count in the Mirror of Galadriel.
  • Your beauty has pierced my heart like a Morgul Blade.
  • I'm not usually this forward, but, you've broken down my barriers like Grond.
  • ~offering the Red Arrow~
  • Was that a Middle-Earthquake? or did you just rock my world?
  • I've heard about a great new club... want to go There and Back Again?
  • You've got beautiful eyes, they sparkle like the Mirrormere.
  • I'd climb the Endless Stair to be with you.
Well... what do you think? If you can do better (and I am sure you can), please leave a comment below.

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/archive/index.php?t-12304.html

  • "If you are not Luthien, then you walk in her likeness."
  • Sauron: "I've only got Eye for you"
  • "Pardon me, but are you elvish? You've been running through my mind without pause!"
  • "If loving you is El-Rond, I don't wanna be El-Right!"
  • Thorondor: Going my way?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13200722300

  • If you were an orc, I'd be sting. When you're near me, I glow!

http://people.rit.edu/kjm7425/iweb/midterm/bookLOTR.html

  • If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it, precious.
  • Are we in Lord of The Rings? Cause I swear you're my precious... 

http://www.dorkly.com/article/15910/6-lord-of-the-rings-pickup-lines

  • You shall not pass... without giving me your number.

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090601184318AA4iGsL

  • Certainty of death, *small* chance of success... What are we waiting for?
  • "Why couldn't Tom Bombadil hear the telephone?"
    • "Because the ring had no effect on him."
  • "Give me a ring later."
  • "What's a nice elf like you doing in a place like this?"
  • "Didn't we meet at the orc siege the other night?"

http://www.minastirith.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000054;p=

(/\ please note, this thread contains a lot of innuendo, only click if you don't mind that sort of thing)

  • Sauron: "I've had my eye on you for a long time, baby."
  • Gollum: "Want to see my precious?"
  • Denethor to guard: Come on baby, light my fire.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in funny, off-topic, Writing | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Busca usted las respuestas a sus preguntas acerca de AutoCAD
    Busca usted las respuestas a sus preguntas acerca de AutoCAD, la Personalización, Revit u otros productos de Autodesk en su propio idioma? E...
  • Revit + 3dsMax: Utilizing Render Techniques - A Winning Combination
    It's been too long since I've had a guest post, so, I'd like for you to enjoy this rendering tutorial. I met Ryan on www.forums...
  • Mtext Line Spacing
    From AutoCAD Help: If you enter ‑mtext (precede with hyphen) at the Command prompt, MTEXT bypasses the In-Place Text Editor and displays a...
  • St. Louis Metro Storm Update
    Well, just felt like making another update about the storm. It's so odd that we're here in our nice powered home but so many things ...
  • MAP tool of the day - ADERSHEET (rubbersheet)
    from MAP3D 2006 help: ADERSHEET (Rubber Sheet command) Performs rubber sheeting on selected objects Rubber sheeting is a nonuniform adjustme...
  • All my tech support genius
    I have said it time and again, only slightly tongue-in-cheek, that all of my most appreciated 'genius' moves are attributed to these...
  • VTENABLE and my new Scanner (mfp) is here!
    VTENABLE system variable (from autocad help) Controls when smooth view transitions are used. Smooth view transitions can be on or off for pa...
  • Autodesk MAP 3D 2007 Service Pack 1 Available
    Service Pack 1 has come out for MAP 2007 . I must admit that I was waiting for this before I installed. I'll post here like I did last y...
  • Very Valuable Variable: REMEMBERFOLDERS
    From the autocad help files: REMEMBERFOLDERS - Controls the default path displayed in standard file selection dialog boxes. 0 Restores the ...
  • 2006 System Variables D-L
    Continuing from yesterday's posts, From the help files... 2006 system variables beginning with the letters 'D' through 'L...

Categories

  • ACA
  • Alternative Energy
  • AMEP
  • Applications
  • AU2006
  • AU2007
  • AU2008
  • AUGI
  • AUGIWorld Magazine
  • Autocad
  • AutoCAD
  • Autodesk University
  • BIM
  • cad camp
  • CAD Camp
  • CAD/Design Salary Survey
  • CAFM
  • Database
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Facilities Management
  • FMDesktop
  • funny
  • GatewayAUG
  • Hardware
  • HotNews
  • Job Opening
  • Media
  • off-topic
  • Revit
  • RMEP
  • St. Louis
  • Tutorials
  • Women In Design
  • Writing

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (27)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (16)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2012 (14)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ▼  2011 (22)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ▼  May (7)
      • AutoCAD 2012 - Command Completion
      • AutoCAD 2012 - What's missing?
      • AutoCAD Bible Winner - Tips and Tricks
      • OT: Lord of the Rings Pickup Lines
      • Recent Random AUGI resources
      • Mastering Civil 3D Winner - Tips and Tricks
      • Moving forward (when your company won’t)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2009 (15)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  February (7)
  • ►  2008 (58)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2007 (69)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2006 (121)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (16)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (14)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (14)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2005 (68)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile